We have a history of sustainability, and we’re passionate about protecting the environment, including locally in Oklahoma City. Whether it’s through our individual business practices or providing energy-saving products, we strive to be green. Our ENERGY STAR®-certified windows and doors will help you increase the energy efficiency of your home, and you’ll experience the benefits no matter the season.
Pella Glass Options
Our InsulShield® glass collection1 provides the most innovative and energy-saving choices, with recommendations based on your climate. The three below offer our best energy efficiency and protection from the sun and temperatures year-round.
Advanced Low-E Insulating Triple-Pane Glass with Argon2 offers three panes of glass and up to three layers of Low-E thermal protection, with argon between the glass.
Our Advanced Low-E Insulating Double-Pane Glass with Argon2 features insulating double-pane glass with dual coats of Low-E thermal protection. This glass also includes argon inserted between the panes of glass to improve energy efficiency.
Pella’s SunDefense™ Low-E Insulating Double-Pane Glass with Argon2 also uses insulating double-pane glass with a Low-E coating made from three layers of Low-E solar protection to keep your home cooler in the summer. This glass blocks 95 percent of the sun’s ultraviolet rays and has argon inserted into the space between the glass to add energy efficiency.
Visit your Oklahoma City Pella Showroom to learn about more Pella insulating glass styles or our best product for the Oklahoma City region.
What’s Your Energy Efficiency?
You can figure your energy efficiency by looking for three primary features:
- Multiple panes of glass – two or three layers of glass equals more layers of protection between the outdoors and your home.
- Argon is a colorless, non-toxic gas that’s denser than air. Pella inserts it between two or more glass panes to provide increased insulation.
- Low-Emissivity (Low-E) glass coating reflects heat away from your home during the summer months and inside the room during the winter months; and it blocks harmful UV rays.
Innovative Solutions for Oklahoma City Area Home
We’ve provided features to help our products improve your energy efficiency, including:
- Multiple combinations of glass
- Thermal breaks
- Unique snap-in between-the-glass blinds and shades
- Low-E coating removed from the glass edge to reduce the possibility of seal failure
Find out more about our ENERGY STAR certifications and how to understand the NRFC label.
1 Glass options can be upgraded to offer the benefits of our InsulShield glass collection. Glass options vary per product. See specific product information for availability.
2 Optional high-altitude Low-E insulating glass does not contain argon in most products. See your Pella sales representatives for more information.